Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Naomi, nu? News?

.

"Nursing Corner" says the sign on this wooden booth at the Hebrew University.
I guess some mothers appreciate a little privacy.
.
In time for ABC Wednesday, N words are much on our mind now.
Words like nursing, neonate/newborn, nativity, natal . . .
.
Naomi, my daugher, my neshama, will give birth any day now to her third lovely child. In Australia, their new home.
.
Naomi, never-ending source of nachat!
The Jewish nachat is that calm sense of pride and joy and pleasure brought on by the achievements of your offspring.
No lack of nachat from my nice children, God bless them.
.

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Naomi on her impending birth : ) Or the impending birth of her child I should say! How very exciting. Will you go and spend time with her and the baby? How marvelous! Babies are some of my favorite things on the planet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is expecting her third child. She is due in September.

    An Arkies Musings

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is exciting to have a new family member on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We could all use a "Nursing Corner".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed, God bless them, your soon-to-be-born granddaughter - AND YOU!

    ;-D

    You and your blog are a blessing to us, Dina!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still nothing? She must be so ready by now! Sending easy labor vibes her way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shalom chaverim and thanks for all your good wishes.

    Life with Kaishon, no plans to fly to Australia this time. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting!Wish your daughter an easy labor...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think one of my favoriyes has always been 'nu'. I am from Strasbourg, Alsace, France, and our local dialect has many words of yiddish origin. Nu is one. Meschugge is another

    ReplyDelete
  10. I missed this very important piece of news: I am so happy for you!
    A new, very important word now shines in my very poor Ivrit dictionary...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Naomi news - nativity!


    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!