Tuesday, July 18, 2017

When is a deck a boardwalk?

.

Can this long wooden walkway qualify as a "boardwalk"?
Hope so, because I need a B word for today's ABC Wednesday.
This was my first time to see Jerusalem's cultural and entertainment venue, the First Station.
I was last there in 2013 when the old heritage site train station was being re-done, so my construction photos are now history.
Just look at all those carts!
I walked through at 2:30, returning from the nearby International Book Fair, and nothing much was open yet, except the restaurants.


The rough-hewn wood of the selling carts is meant to evoke the memory of old-time luggage carts for the train passengers back in the 19th century.
The journey up to Jerusalem with the coal-burning locomotives is one I would love to have made back then, when this was still part of the Ottoman Empire.
.

12 comments:

  1. A wonderful post Dina... to me it qualifies ;-)
    Looks very beautiful.


    Have a nice ABC-day / – week
    Melody (abc-w-team)
    http://melodymusic.nl/21-b/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting post Dina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is definitely a boardwalk, - and a very interesting one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saving the First Station was a brilliant idea. Now it is a real centre for locals and tourists.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very linear and paralectic

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 1st one is a wonderful photo, Dina !

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is made of boards. You walk on it. Ipso facto...
    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've salked several boardwalks - this one looks like an amazing place to visit and walk.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!