Suddenly crazy dazzling streaks across my laptop and TV screens, then a huge flash of light outside my window and a loud PATZ!! And then my place and the whole neighborhood were plunged into darkness.
I grabbed a big flashlight and walked down to the corner to check the big electric pole, the one that says "HIGH VOLTAGE, DANGER OF DEATH!"
Our town's security team was already there, calling the Electric Company's emergency repair line.
Curious neighbors were milling about and pointed out to me what had fallen from above to the hard pavement below.
One pigeon sitting on one high tension wire had touched a second pigeon sitting on a parallel wire, forming a short circuit and causing the big bang and their own electrocution!
Totally charred wings, so sad.
The poor pair of pigeons had only wanted to kiss each other good night.
Even in death they were locked together.
(Linking to Our World Tuesday, signs signs, and Camera Critters .)