Saturday, October 21, 2017

Jerusalem tolerance: 2 wheels vs. 2 legs

.

Our group of 28 older citizens of Meitar was touring Jerusalem last Tuesday.
We had just exited the New Gate and were trying to get through the narrow passage between the Old City wall on the left and the tramway on busy Paratroopers Road on the right. 
We had to quickly scoot over when a string of segway riders came whirring by! 
I was delighted but one of the oldies voiced his disapproval to the tourists for usurping his space. 
Maybe it was just envy, because I see on the SmartTour website that 
"All participants must be between the ages of 16-70, not pregnant and of a maximum weight of 270 pounds."
.

6 comments:

  1. Admittedly I do not get the appeal of those things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so annoyed by those -- we are (at least in the US) such an 'out of shape' society encouraging more exercise and healthy living and then hop on those things to get around. For goodness sake, save the wheels for a wheelchair and use the legs and feet God gave you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like people are enjoying themselves Dina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of these things...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well darn it, there’s another opportunity for fun that I missed...just kidding,,,,Riding one of those didn’t appeal to me even eight years ago when I still could have met the age requirement (but not the grace and coordination).

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!