Sunday, September 30, 2018

Change for the pushke

.

Almost full!
Quite some time ago our town's Chabad rabbi gave me this pushke. 
It was empty then.
Rabbi Shneor's hope was that I would put in some loose change every day--not because he needed the money for Chabad House, but because he wanted me to learn the habit of giving tsdakah every day. 


Tsdakah in Hebrew means justice or righteousness but is often translated (for want of a better English equivalent) as "charity."

Today's Theme Day subject at City Daily Blog is CHANGE and I decided to go with coins as change.  But to see how other bloggers did it, see 
http://cdpbthemeday.blogspot.com/ .

To read about the uniquely Jewish perspective on charity, please see
https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/814118/jewish/Tzedakah-Charity.htm

and
https://www.learningtogive.org/resources/pushke
.

11 comments:

  1. I hadn't thought of that as a take on the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree that we should give "tsadakah" every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same, donating to the Red Cross

    ReplyDelete
  4. Art has a little bank too for all the money he finds lying around that he donates to charity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's getting very full! I'll have to go take a look at your links and get educated about something important.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Giving change to make a change----good idea we all should practice
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very bit of change, regardless of how small, is good effort!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...charity is lacking in too many of us today.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!