We had an exciting electricity emergency, just in time for ABC Wednesday.
I had my hands in water doing some hand laundry in the sink when suddenly a strange noise outside made me turn. Through the window I was shocked (so to speak) to see a heavy metal cable breaking free from its electric pole and falling in what I first thought was the general direction of my roof!
I ran out of the house.
The cable was swinging back and forth in the air.
(All photos enlarge with a click.)
We called the electric company.
In three hours they were in our village, re-attaching the cable.
I always think linemen are very brave.
It says in Hebrew, Arabic, and English "DANGER OF DEATH."
A plain old rope attached to the bumper of the car helped pull the heavy cable back into position.
But it still looks to me like that long stretch of cable is hanging by a proverbial thread.