Friday, September 7, 2012

Last night's demonstration in Jerusalem

.
The young woman with the bullhorn led the slogan-chanting of the demonstrators.
.
I came up behind them, as I was just exiting the big Givati Parking Lot Dig where guided tours of the excavation were going on.

I had to cross the street to get to the annual City of David Archaeology conference.
I needed to squeeze between the many Border Police to get this photo.
The policemen outnumbered the demonstrators, it looked like.

The narrow street leads from the Arab Silwan up to the southern wall of the Old City.
To the left is the Dung Gate into the Old City.
The dome you see is El Aksa mosque on the Temple Mount.
.
I'll tell you more about the conference itself in the coming posts.

If you want to try to understand the reason for yesterday's demonstration, please see my earlier post http://jerusalemhillsdailyphoto.blogspot.co.il/2010/09/trouble-in-jerusalem.html.
.

7 comments:

  1. I looked at your past post but I'm still not sure I understand what's going on with the protest. It must stressful to have stuff like that going on so often. Looking forward to the post about the conference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you weren't in any danger, Dina. Your reporting is just fine without being amidst the trouble. I know you have your convictions, but you are remarkably even-handed here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a Good Shabbos,
    a Great Weekend
    Aloha from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    =^..^=

    > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friends, yeah, I'm trying to get out of explaining it so as not to get into the politics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When will it ever end. Why must upheaval be the constant?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I visited Silwan when it was a quieter place, even if they had a lot of posters of Saddam Hussein.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, the world finds itself once again at the bring of a new area. Wishing you a soon and peaceful solution.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!