For this week's PsalmChallenge group effort, here is Psalm 75.
1. For the leader; al tashheth. A psalm. Of Asaph. A song.
2. We praise You, O God; we praise, as Your name is near. They recount Your wondrous deeds.
3. “Indeed, I will set a time; it is I who will give judgment uprightly.
4. At the tottering of earth and all its inhabitants, it is I who keeps its pillars firm. Selah.
5. To the boastful I say, 'Do not be boastful'; to the wicked, 'Do not raise a horn!'”
6. Do not raise your horns on high, speaking with arrogant neck,
7. for neither from the east nor the west nor the wilderness is (one) raised;
8. indeed, it is God who gives judgment; He brings down, He raises up.
9. Indeed, there is a cup in the LORD’s hand with foaming wine fully mixed; from this He pours; but its dregs, all the wicked of the earth drink to the last drop.
10. As for me, I will forever declare and sing a hymn to the God of Jacob.
11. “All the horns of the wicked ones I will cut off; but the horns of the righteous one shall rise.”
Translation: Rabbi Benjamin Segal
Sculpture by Michal Bein, at the Musical Instruments art exhibition at Mamilla Mall, Jerusalem.