Sunday, March 26, 2017

Come in and look -- Open Houses weekend sale

.

This weekend was our town's Open Houses event.
About 18 Meitar residents opened their yards or houses to sell all kinds of crafts, art, and clothing.
The old balance scales were fascinating.
In back of the table, on the ground, you can see beautiful old Persian carpets, SO expensive.
(You might want to enlarge the photos to enjoy the details.)


Actually the lady at this house was selling the nice pottery that she makes, but she was happy to explain that the antique sewing machine still works fine.


In this other yard, what I thought looked like a fancy scarecrow led the way to other "vintage treasures."
But my favorite house was the woodworker's.  He creates wonderful toys, eating utensils, benches, and artistic things, and even a Pinocchio!
Wish I could be his apprentice.
.

8 comments:

  1. I love the idea of recycling usable and sometimes beautiful products, rather than throwing them into landfill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could have strolled with you, D. Shalom Dear

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have loved to visit all the yard sales. Dina

    ReplyDelete
  4. For whatever reason, it was the old sewing machine that caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love old stuff like that. Nice captures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes please I'd be there in a flash Dina ☺

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!