Saturday, November 18, 2017

Donkeys and olives

.

My new friend, Malka! 


"THE HOME OF MALKA AND RACHEL" says the sign. 
Last year the donkeys lived in the kibbutz olive grove, grazing on the underbrush and contributing manure fertilizer.
But this year they were spotted eating olives (!) so they were moved to their own paddock, at least until we harvest all the olives. 


Nothing like a good dust bath on a hot day. 
Yes, it's still hot and dry in Israel, despite it being "winter." 


After she saw Malka roll over, Rachel had a go at it too. 


Two donkey friends and a cloud of dust. 


They are so sweet! 
Gotta love donkeys.
.
(Linking to Camera-Critters.)

11 comments:

  1. Such a sweet photo of you with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog about the donkey friends Dina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donkeys and olives . . . a very ancient combination I think. I can actually read that Hebrew, now that you so kindly translated it for us. I have never met a donkey in person but they do look sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was a teenager in a Zionist youth movement in the 1960s, everyone greeted each other with "hey chamor" and the response was always "hey chazir". Poor donkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara, you never met a donkey?? How sad. I hope you get the chance soon.

    Hels, that's a strange way to greet comrades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dina

      Adolescents are very strange people, nod.

      Delete
  6. Oh my i love the donkys they are adorable, im just getting back to blogging so i hope to come back and visit you again, come check out my big critters,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love donkeys Dina, but Malka and Rachel are especially adorable ☺ You really are having a busy time picking olives, sounds like hard work but fun too among friends. Sculpture by the Sea on Bondi is lovely but I may be a wee bit biased, it's even more lovely on Cottesloe Beach here in Perth, will show you again in February ☺

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!