Saturday, August 11, 2018

Beer Sheva billboard work in progress

.

Don't you love to watch guys tearing down the old ads and putting up new ones?! 


I almost never pay attention to billboards (maybe because I never buy or need anything), but I do enjoy observing the low-tech old-fashioned work that goes into them. 


Even if we consider roadside billboards like this one in Beer Sheva to be "visual pollution" we can still appreciate the men who work on tall ladders in the hot desert sun to keep them maintained and up-to-date. 
And yes, Israel does have many digital billboards, but they lack this human touch.
.

4 comments:

  1. I can't recall ever seeing it done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even if advertising in public is an unwanted intrusion, we have to admire the art skills that go into poster design. The ones you photographed have way too much text and not enough imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember bill boards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we have lost the battle with billboards Dina, they've taken over the world ☺

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!