Sunday, February 24, 2008

Into the hill country, to a town of Judah



I was out wandering alone down near the spring when these Russian monastics came by and asked me directions to Ein Kerem.
Ein Kerem is the lovely ancient village believed to be the birthplace of John the Baptist. From here near the spring it is only maybe a mile and a half walk.
 I pointed (we had no common language) to the path that goes around the hill, through the woods, down to the valley of Nahal Soreq.
It can be a problem when the our trail signs are only in Hebrew.
Having lost the way plenty of times in my life, always glad to direct a pilgrim in the way he should take!
.

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful to live in a place of so much significant history.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!