Thursday, November 27, 2014

A religious pioneering community in the Negev

.
This week the blog has been showing you some of the three different types of intentional communities that our group visited last Friday.
They all belong to the Ramat Negev Regional Council in southern Israel.


Here is the Council's "city hall" in the desert.


Our next stop was Kfar Retamim, a religious community/ yeshuv kehilati.
They started small in 2006 and today they are 180 adults and 280 children. 


A member (with his first-born holding his hand) explained to our group how it works.
But why not hear it from this 6-minute video. Enjoy the young woman's enthusiasm!

And more info and a map are here.

I'll be showing you two surprising things at Retamim in the coming posts.
.
Happy Thanksgiving to the friends in America.
.
UPDATE: Online info about Retamim.
.

7 comments:

  1. The greenery is what surprises me in these shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cousin lived in a Negev kibbutz and loved the desert environment. I do not. So your photo of the lawns, trees and plants looks delightful

    ReplyDelete
  3. This place reminds me of my mother-in-law's retirement community. Comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When it is November here, I think you should send us a little bit of desert!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am really enjoying learning about all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the first picture very well. I am always impressed with all the flags you have in Israel -everywhere.
    It is maybe a little outside the story here, but whatever - Shabat Shalom!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!