Friday, November 14, 2014

Will ugly dragon's teeth save our lives?

.
So in the previous post I was telling you that I made a short trip back to my old place in the Jerusalem Hills.
And that I arrived Wednesday (Nov. 5) evening, shortly after yet another case of a Palestinian driving onto a tram platform and running over  people. (See the video if you dare.)

I was thinking as I waited for my bus: why doesn't the Jerusalem Municipality set out some dragon's teeth like the British did for blockading Jerusalem streets during the British Mandate.
(BTW, if you follow the link to dragon's teeth, that is one of my photos contributed to Wiki under my username DiggerDina.)
And here is a 1946 photo of British dragon's teeth in actual use in Jerusalem. 


Forty hours later, when I returned to Mt. Herzl tram and bus station to start traveling back to the Negev,  big concrete blocks had indeed materialized!


The new betonadot were strategically placed to prevent any terrorist ramming-car from driving full speed up onto the people platform.


Well, at least they are apparently  good to lean on while you check your cell phone.
.
Jerusalem Jerusalem, I cry for you, my beloved city.
.

5 comments:

  1. But are they really deterrants for fanatics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see it! I would like to defiantly move there, if family obligations. . . . . ENJOY YOUR SHABBOS!



    Shalom from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^= . <3 . >< } } (°>

    "Let silence take you to the core of life." ~Rumi

    ReplyDelete
  3. They will always find another way, but it seems a simple and effective protection...

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!