Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Berlin by night and home again

.

Last night was the first time for me to fly Air Berlin, now Germany's second largest airline.
My Vienna to Berlin and Berlin to Tel Aviv flights were pünktlich, exactly on time and pleasant.
Plus, the cabin crew stands at the door with a smile and a basket of red heart-shaped Lindt chocolates as a way of saying a sweet goodbye!


Too bad my first and only time to see Berlin was only from above.
Maybe someday ...


I waited a few hours in Ben Gurion Airport until the first train to Beer Sheva and was rewarded with a nice sunrise on the way south.
Back home already at 8:15 am with the good earth of Israel smelling fresh from RAIN (so pleasant when you haven't seen rain since last spring).
The end of a marvelous 37 days in Austria.
.

5 comments:

  1. Great shot for the end of a beautiful trip...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a dream about you the other night. I can hardly remember it, but Art woke me because I was talking in my sleep. I'm sure glad you made it home safely. Now just please stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a lovely welcome home. Chocolate hearts, beautiful sunrises, and rain-scented earth. I am reminded of Psalm 65, especially the second half:

    7
    You silence the roar of the seas,
    the roar of their waves,
    and the tumult of the nations.
    8
    Those who live far away are awed by Your signs;
    You make east and west shout for joy.
    9
    You visit the earth and water it abundantly,
    enriching it greatly.
    God’s stream is filled with water,
    for You prepare the earth in this way,
    providing people with grain.
    10
    You soften it with showers and bless its growth,
    soaking its furrows and leveling its ridges.
    11
    You crown the year with Your goodness;
    Your ways overflow with plenty.
    12
    The wilderness pastures overflow,
    and the hills are robed with joy.
    13
    The pastures are clothed with flocks
    and the valleys covered with grain.
    They shout in triumph; indeed, they sing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come Away With Me, thank you for the timely and beautiful Psalm.

    Thanks dear VP and William.

    Kay, I'm honored to be in your dream. I wonder what you were talking in your sleep about! About "staying safe," someone asked me what my next plan for the near future was and I just instinctively replied "Staying alive."

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!