Sunday, February 6, 2011

Psalm 6 -- bones, bed


PSALM 6
1. To the chief Musician for stringed instruments, according to the Sheminith, a psalm of David.

2. O Lord, do not rebuke me in your anger, nor chasten me in your hot displeasure.
.

3. Have mercy upon me, O Lord; for I am weak;  O Lord, heal me, for my bones shudder. 

4. My soul is also much troubled. And you, O Lord, how long?

5. Return, O Lord, deliver my soul. Oh save me for the sake of your loving kindness!
6. For in death there is no remembrance of you. In Sheol who shall give you thanks?


7. I am weary with my moaning; all night I make my bed swim; I drench my couch with my tears.

8. My eye wastes away because of grief; it grows weak because of all my enemies.

9. Depart from me, all you evil doers; for the Lord has heard the voice of my weeping.
10. The Lord has heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer.
11. Let all my enemies be ashamed and much troubled; let them return and be ashamed in a moment.
___________________________________________________________________________

Photos:  1. The Australian Museum skeleton room.
2. Dean and I slept one night in an ancient hermitage.(He was not really sad.)
.
This post joins those of other Psalm illustrators at Robert's weekly Psalm Challenge at Daily Athens.
.

15 comments:

  1. I came over from Patsy and Bennie and your post is so good. I love that Psalm. Your visual images were perfect for the verse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to interpret psalms-- 21st century visuals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures to the verses! And a very cute boy:-)
    Wish you a happy and blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post! The photos make you think even more about David's words.

    An Arkies Musings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Must say that the photo of Dean is perfect for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Photo 1: see what happens if you watch to much TV!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, I would give a penny for Dean's thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The psalm as a whole sounds like a lamentation, doesn't it? David also prays for the downfall of his enemies. I have the feeling that I must pray for wisdom of my, fortunately few, enemies. I don't want them to be hurt but may God stop them hurting other people.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Top photo is....well....odd. Lamentable even.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I take your word that he is not sad, at his age I would have been thrilled of the experience...
    The first picture is so strange!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting photos, Dina. The Australian museum skeleton room intrigues me...and I'm happy that Dean is not really as sad as he looks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. By the thumbnail, I thought Halloween had arrived early in Jerusalem! Robert's psalm challenge is very special!
    It's cold to the bone here in Minnesota!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting first picture, and a bit spooky, but it illustrates that part of the psalm very well. The boy is so cute, and I'm glad to hear he wasn't really sad :-)
    Blessings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. An impressive mean to measure time and life.

    May he find it both filled with light.

    Many thanks upon your participation ! Please have you all a wonderful new week.

    daily athens

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amusing skeleton display!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!