For PsalmChallenge, hosted by Robert Geiss in Athens, here is Psalm 47.
7. Sing, to God, sing; sing, to our king, sing;
8. for the king of all the earth is God; sing a hymn.
9. God has become king above the nations; God has sat upon His holy throne.
10. The princes of the peoples have gathered, the people of Abraham’s God; for God’s are the guardians of the earth. He has been raised very high..
Rabbi Benjamin Segal's translation is literal, he says, "to allow readers to appreciate repeated metaphors."
1. A Christian group from abroad in praise at the Western Wall Plaza.
2. A busker playing the didgeridoo, Mamilla Mall, Jerusalem.
3. Sunday's hymn numbers (for the Arabic-speaking congregation), St. George's Cathedral.
4. From the Psalms series of windows at Hechal Shlomo.