Saturday, December 28, 2013

Nature and nurture

.

Grandma Dina, Dean, and Libby feed the guinea pigs at the Negev Zoo's petting corner.
I so enjoyed holding the little warm fuzzy. 

(This was just four weeks ago and it was still T shirt weather; now we need several warm layers.)


When you pay for an entrance ticket, the zoo gives you a bag of healthy kibbles to feed the animals.
.
In my previous post you can see the zoo's concrete tube which serves as a "protected space" in case of incoming rockets and missiles from Gaza.
.
Linking to Camera Critters.
.

15 comments:

JM said...

Cute! :-)

Gunilla Bäck said...

They're adorable!

eileeninmd said...

The are cute critters! Have a happy day!

Wishing you all the best in 2014, and a very HAPPY & Healthy New Years!

i beati said...

quite an adventure

Birdman said...

... just watch where you're putting your feet down in the zoo. hahahaha

VP said...

I will gladly pass on this, but I guess kids love it...

Dina said...

VP, yep, kids love it and so do I. :)

Lois Evensen said...

Very sweet the children can feed the animals.

crystal said...

So cute! :) I think this kind of thing helps kids learn empathy. Scary, though, the bomb shelter places there - it must not be easy to live in a place with such imminent dangers.

Spiderdama said...

So very cute! And nice time with your family.
Hope you do not freeze.
Happy Sunday:-)

Karl Demetz said...

Nice and adorable moments!

Kay said...

This is so cute. How wonderful that the grandkids get to interact with the adorable animals. It's in the teens in Chicago right now.

Eki said...

I didn't know guinea pigs can be that big! They are wonderful critters … I used to have them when I was a kid.

I like the amused and happy expressions on your grandchildren's face.

William Kendall said...

They are cute critters!

Pia said...

They are so cute little friends!