Sunday, March 16, 2008

Palm Sunday in the Holy Sepulchre

Happy Palm Sunday to the Christian friends!
Last year on Palm Sunday I experienced all the colorful and diverse worship services of the many different faith communities within the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. The ancient church was packed with pilgrims. This year my claustrophobia got the better of me, and I chose to stay closer to home for this festive day.
Enjoy the slideshow. For bigger version of the photos you can go to http://picasaweb.google.com/ponddina/PalmSundayAtHolySepulchre2007


1 comment:

  1. I just walked through the St Stephen's Gate and inside the Holy Sepulchre with your pictures. A strange but serene procession, even with the assault rifles, and an impressive but chaotic church.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!