Sunday, March 16, 2008

Procession of Palm Sunday

Palm Sunday afternoon everyone gathers on the Mount of Olives and then begin a joyful procession all the way down to the Old City, entering the city walls through the Lions (St. Stephan's) Gate, and gathering again at the old Crusader church of St. Anne. En route there is singing and dancing and waving of palm fronds and olive branches. Oh, and lots of security.

My pictures from last year can be seen small on the slideshow or big at http://picasaweb.google.com/ponddina/ProcessionPalmSunday2007 .

And a link to the previous post's photos:

http://picasaweb.google.com/ponddina/PalmSundayAtHolySepulchre2007

4 comments:

  1. Actually, I was able to see the slideshow big on this screen. I felt like I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dina,
    I love your photos of Palm Sunday. It is amazing isn't it???
    I hope to make it in for the Orthodox celebrations as well. Could I have permission to add your blog address onto my list of other great blogs? Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shalom Suzanne,
    Very true. Jerusalem is the only place to be for Holy Week (and the other 51 weeks too)! It's one big thin place. Do you, too, often find yourself murmuring, "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore."?

    Yes, I'd be honored to have Jerusalem Hills on your "honor roll." I've been wanting to link to yours also. The two are sort of sister blogs, no?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I'll add Jersalem Hills Photo right away. I do think they are sister blogs, you've got a wonderful eye for photographing. Between the two of us we can show the world the beauty of Israel.

    Murmering....sometimes I shout, "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore!"

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!