Sunday, September 21, 2014

The train north

.


Last Tuesday morning  was my first time to take a train  from Beer Sheva.
The city has two stations.
This smaller, plainer one is Beer Sheva North - University station.


External shade elements help lessen the heat of the desert sun.


The English version of this sign made me chuckle.


Senior citizens pay half price on public transportation in Israel.
My Beer Sheva to Tel Aviv train ticket cost only 15.50 shekels ($4.25).


Here comes the train, a double decker!
.
.
(In an older post you can see the interior of an intercity train.)
.
Linking to Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors.
.

11 comments:

  1. Great pictures and so cheap!
    One of my neighbors (75 years) told me today that it is not allowed to drive car in Israel when you are over 75.This may be only foreigners? He was a little worried that his wife had to drive next time they visit Israel:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spiderdama, I've never heard of an upper age limit for drivers.
    Maybe for rented cars? I'll ask around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure I would like your trains...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The train reminds me of our commuter train- the colours are similar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that is a chuckle worthy translation. Toby would like that one. Sounds like you enjoyed your journey via train and bus and I look forward to hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love train rides. Hope you enjoyed the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see trains there. An ideal way to travel distance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks very modern, nearly as good as in Japan and better than some of the trains here in Norway. I like the architecture of the station buildings too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'm a huge fan of taking the train here, I hope you enjoyed your ride :) I'm very impressed with the well-shaded windows in the station. And thanks for posting the funny sign - can I borrow it when I have a chance to write my next ATOTS post? Hopefully this week...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Toby, sure. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who finds the sign wording funny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like travelling by train unless it is very crowded and there are no seats left. though this station doesn't look terribly busy.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!