Sunday, January 4, 2015

A cared-for cat living in a cemetery

.

Half-hidden discreetly between the tombs:  a dish of milk, a dish of kibbles, and a cat-carrier with bedding inside.


I only recently discovered this fascinating cemetery in Beer Sheva.
It had no name, no signs. 
I'm not sure if it is only for non-Jews or if it is an "alternative" cemetery for anyone seeking burial outside the rules of the rabbis.
It is right next to the British War Cemetery.
.
(Because of the strange kitty corner found there, I will link to Camera Critters meme.)
-------------------------
P.S.  For the readers who enjoyed the fancy mailbox in my previous post, I should add that it hangs at the entrance to the old and beautiful building which houses what I think is called the Russian Ecclesiastical Mission in Jerusalem, near Safra Square.
.

9 comments:

  1. Must be one heck of a cat lover. Meow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose a cat would be good company while paying your respects to a loved one, so the cat gets cared for while having the run of the place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember a loyal dog in Scotland who wouldn't leave his owner, even after the owner was buried in a cemetery. So the cemetery staff fed Greyfriars Bobby each day and gave it a rug to sleep on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My imagination thinks there's a mystery here, about a cat and its dead master. Whatever the story, I'm glad kitty is cared for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, this is a first: I have seen cats in railway stations, ports, but not in a cemetery...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hels, there's a similar story in Japan about a dog who waited for his master at the train every day. Even after the master died, the dog waited. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachik%C5%8D

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to know that one kitty isn't about to end in its grave...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Someone who once loved cats must be buried there. Perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we have a cat cemetery also here.. Our Timmy has been gone for several weeks no, I think he is dead..

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!