Sunday, January 25, 2015

BridgeClimb pics for AUSTRALIA DAY!

.
Happy AUSTRALIA DAY to my family in Sydney and to all the Aussie blog-friends! 


As soon as grandson Dean turned ten, the minimum age for BridgeClimb, he and his father climbed the Sydney Harbor Bridge!


What a view, eh?!

Wikipedia explains: 
Since 1998, BridgeClimb has made it possible for tourists to legally climb the southern half of the bridge. Tours run throughout the day, from dawn to night, and are only cancelled for electrical storms or high wind.
Groups of climbers are provided with protective clothing appropriate to the prevailing weather conditions, and are given an orientation briefing before climbing. During the climb, attendees are secured to the bridge by a wire lifeline. . . . Each climb takes three and a half hours, including the preparations.

See BridgeClimb website, "for the climb of your life."

12 comments:

  1. Excellent post, for this, "our" day, Dina. Good shots of the two of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie. Climbers are not allowed to take anything up with them. So all photos are made by the BridgeClimb guide that goes up with each group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a grand view from up there, Dina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! What an exciting day for them both, and you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless your Aussies and ALL of their countrymen!

    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    <3


    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Australia Day, everyone. It should be a day of peace, sport, beach and family barbies. No more terrorism in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Australia Day! (Sorry, I know I am late...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fascinating post. I've learned something from you today.

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know about the view because I'm too afraid to look down!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Dina, what a brilliant shot of your grandson atop the bridge, what a brave wee man he is! I agree the view must be spectacular, I wish I could do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! I remember looking at that bridge from a restaurant. We saw people climbing it and I know Art was itching to do it. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!