Tuesday, October 13, 2015

The airport at midnight

.

So far it's a quiet night on the departures floor of our airport. 
It is midnight and my flight is not until 5:30 in the morning.
I took the next to the last bus out of Meitar to Beer Sheva, a train to Tel Aviv, and then a short train ride to Ben-Gurion; and that was hours ago.

N is for Natbag. It sounds funny in English but that is what you get from the initials Nemal Teufa (meaning airport) Ben-Gurion, NTBG.
I'll be flying, after a short change of planes in Athens, to Vienna, for a month of volunteer work in Austria.
Stay tuned. 
.
(Linking to ABC Wednesday.)
.

9 comments:

  1. That's so exciting! I can't wait to hear more.

    The picture illustrates just how busy this airport can be during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to learning and seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a very interesting life Dina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear what you will be doing there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the trip! When flying standby, I've spent a few overnight hours in airport terminals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As crowded and as noisy as airports get, they can still be lonely places. Your midnight photo looks even lonelier :(

    I have never been at an airport outside flying hours, but my next post (Saturday morning our time) happens to have a photo of Melbourne Airport, totally empty, except for one lone, tragic figure. It is a heartbreaker.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I have ever seen an airport so empty. Great perspective, Dina!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!