Tuesday, October 13, 2015

The airport at midnight

.

So far it's a quiet night on the departures floor of our airport. 
It is midnight and my flight is not until 5:30 in the morning.
I took the next to the last bus out of Meitar to Beer Sheva, a train to Tel Aviv, and then a short train ride to Ben-Gurion; and that was hours ago.

N is for Natbag. It sounds funny in English but that is what you get from the initials Nemal Teufa (meaning airport) Ben-Gurion, NTBG.
I'll be flying, after a short change of planes in Athens, to Vienna, for a month of volunteer work in Austria.
Stay tuned. 
.
(Linking to ABC Wednesday.)
.

9 comments:

Petrea Burchard said...

That's so exciting! I can't wait to hear more.

The picture illustrates just how busy this airport can be during the day.

Come Away With Me said...

Looking forward to learning and seeing more!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

You have a very interesting life Dina.

Alice said...

Can't wait to hear what you will be doing there.

VP said...

An unusual view...

Karl Demetz said...

Hi neighbor :)

William Kendall said...

Enjoy the trip! When flying standby, I've spent a few overnight hours in airport terminals.

Hels said...

As crowded and as noisy as airports get, they can still be lonely places. Your midnight photo looks even lonelier :(

I have never been at an airport outside flying hours, but my next post (Saturday morning our time) happens to have a photo of Melbourne Airport, totally empty, except for one lone, tragic figure. It is a heartbreaker.

José Mendonça said...

I don't think I have ever seen an airport so empty. Great perspective, Dina!