Saturday, June 30, 2012

No use waiting for a repairMAN

.
City Daily Photo's Theme Day is about chimneys, which made me realize that Israel does not have many chimneys at all.

Then I remembered a little place with an old wood-burning heating stove, and I recalled a cold and windy day last January when I took this picture:
Two women up on the roof trying to repair the old chimney so that smoke would go up and out while keeping the rain from dripping down into the room!

Actually I have blogged about two other chimneys over the years but those posts are more serious and not as fun as today's:

http://jerusalemhillsdailyphoto.blogspot.co.il/2010/04/o-chimneys.html
and
http://jerusalemhillsdailyphoto.blogspot.co.il/2009/07/talitha-kumi.html
.
City Daily Photo's portal is down right now, so Julie in Sydney is again kindly making a gathering place for the chimney posts from around the world at http://cdpbthemeday.blogspot.com.au/.
.

17 comments:

Gerald (Hyde DP) said...

When it's broke you have to fix it.

Robert Geiss said...

It might last longer afterwards, than it did before.

Please have a good new month ahead.

Jim said...

Good one.

cieldequimper said...

This one's going to be one of the best I think... :-)

Dianne said...

This really made me laugh Dina ... I wonder if they ever got it fixed.

Petrea Burchard said...

That's a fun chimney post!

Julie has blessed us all once again.

Ann said...

I guess you don't need them in your climate. I'm sure they fixed it.

Kay said...

Hmmmm... chimneys? I guess that's one thing that would be difficult to find in Hawaii. Maybe on the Big Island though. You certainly won't find it on Oahu.

Gunn said...

Women take action for the homes, many places on the planet!:)

Mark said...

Great theme post Dina, hope they got it fixed.

Birdman said...

Leaking chimneys in the winter are no laughing matter. We have 4... I know this to be true. Grin.

Valladolid Daily Photo said...

A very interesting proposal for the theme day. Well done, thanks for sharing and have a good week.

VP said...

Not easy to find, but you got one for us...

Robin said...

From the angle of the electric wire it almost looks like she's fishing up there ;).

Deb said...

Good for them having a go, hope they sorted it. Nice capture.

Bergson said...

it's the "man chimneys "

Karl Demetz said...

This is unique, Dina, great find!