Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wishing you a sweet new year 5772

.
So many different ways to market honey, even inside an Eiffel Tower!
Enlarge the photo and also find cute little wheeled honey carts [oops, I almost said "honey wagon" but that means something totally different].


Tonight at the festive Rosh Hashana table everyone will dip a slice of apple in honey, say the Hebrew blessing for fruit, and then add the special New Year blessing:

"May it be your will, Eternal our God, that this be a good and sweet year for us."

I wish the same to you, my good friends around the world.
.

17 comments:

  1. Happy new year!! Let`s hope it would be a very good and sweet year. I think I go for apple without honey, hehe.
    I will celebrate the Jewish New Year on Saturday with some good friends of Israel.
    Hugs from north!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a "sweet post"" Dina, many thanks for your wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful and imaginative! I wonder where the "honey wagon" term came from. Sure is a funny misnomer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Rosh Hashana my dear Dina :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year to you! Let it be peaceful and ... rainy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful mean for wishes, the honey. Feels honest. Please have you all a great new year !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year. Hope its a sweet one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. May the coming year be a sweet and wonderful one for you and your beautiful family, Dina.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the sweet wishes, and same to you, Dina. Those little wheeled honey carts are very cute! I see some packages came with the apple too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. May you have a Sweet New Year, Cousin!



    Warm Aloha from Waikiki;

    Comfort Spiral


    > < } } ( ° >



    ><}}(°>

    < ° ) } } > <

    ReplyDelete
  11. And to you, dear Dina! Can I mix cultures and wish you an Irish blessing? May the best of your yesterdays be the worst of your tomorrows. (Some say this is a wedding toast, but I like it for any occasion - new year, birthday...)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year to you, Dina !

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!