Psalm 83 today for the weekly meme PsalmChallenge.
1. A song. A psalm. Of Asaph.
2. O God, do not be silent; do not be mute; do not be quiet, O Deity!
3. For Your enemies rage; those who hate You rear their heads.
4. Against Your people they plot craftily, conspire against Your treasured ones.
5. They say, “Come let us wipe them out as a nation; Israel’s name will be remembered no more.”
10. Treat them as You did Midian, with Sisera, with Jabin, at the brook Kishon—
11. they were destroyed at En-dor; they became fertilizing refuse for the ground.
12. Make their nobles like Oreb and Zeeb, all their princes like Zebah and Zalmunna,
13. those who said, “Let us take as our possession the pasturelands of God.”
14. O my God, make them like tumbleweed, like chaff before the wind.
15. As a fire burns a forest, and as a flame sets the mountains ablaze,
16. so pursue them with Your tempest, terrify them with Your windstorm.
17. Fill their faces with shame, so that they seek Your name, O LORD.
18. May they be abashed and terrified forever, may they be disgraced and doomed.
19. May they know that it is You whose name is the LORD, You are exclusively supreme over all the earth.
Translation by Rabbi Benjamin J. Segal. See also his notes.
A map of Israel and the surrounding countries: see Atlapedia.