Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Unused for 30 years

.
Shalom again!


I walked along some Jerusalem streets today in the German Colony and Bak'a.
Streets with names like Bethlehem Road, Hebron Road, and Emek Refa'im.

Whenever I see a normally-closed gate open, I duck in to have a look.
So it was today.  The vehicle entrance of the big Electric Company substation was open!  Yay!
What a beautiful old building!


Read the lovely story of how the first power station in Jerusalem (built in 1928) was brought back to life!
.
(This "Unused for 30 years" post is for ABC Wednesday U Day.)
.

12 comments:

  1. Glad you made a new discovery! And glad everything seems better there for now.

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when old industrial buildings are not torn down. Usually they are converted into shops and flats, or perhaps a museum. But this one is still used as a working substation. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Historic preservation--such a big deal to me! I love beautiful buildings, especially old ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an elegant building. Let's hope it gets repurposed! You always seem to have your eyes open!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This building looks so clean and well preserved! Good on you to see this and take photos!Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this wonderful piece to us. Wish I could read the one at the bottom hehehe.

    Chewed UP
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to know you (if you are a building anyway) are never too old or abandoned to be refurbished and put back to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stronger than time. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it when communities see fit to not only keep older buildings, but revitalize them. I hope that the stilling of gunfire lasts for your city.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!