2. The LORD loves the gates of Zion, more than all the dwellings of Jacob.
3. Of you glorious things are spoken, O city of God. Selah.
4. I recall Rahab and Babylon to those who acknowledge Me; behold: Philistia and Tyre, with Nubia―“This one was born there.”
5. But of Zion, it is said, “Every single person was born in it.” He, the Most High, establishes it.
6. The LORD records in the census of peoples: “This one was born there.” Selah.
Translation: Rabbi Benjamin J. Segal.
PHOTOS (all are enlargeable):
1. Zion Gate
2. Heinrich Bünting's map of 1581 with Jerusalem (Zion) as center of the world.
Please enlarge the photo to appreciate the ceramic map.
More about this work in a previous post.
3-4. Singers/drummers/shofar blowers lead the joyful procession through the Jewish Quarter of the Old City down to the Western Wall where the boy will become a bar mitsvah.
This post is for Robert Geiss' weekly PsalmChallenge at daily athens photo.
You are welcome to join in illustrating the Book of Psalms.
(Also linking to Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors meme.)