For our weekly PsalmChallenge, centered in Athens at Robert Geiss' blog, here is
1. It is the LORD Who is king—let the peoples tremble; He is enthroned on cherubim—let the earth quake.
2. The LORD is great in Zion, and exalted is He above all peoples.
3. Let them praise Your name: “Great and awesome, holy is He.”
4. Indeed, “A king’s might is loving justice.” It was You who established equity; it was You Who made for justice and righteousness in Jacob.
5. Exalt the LORD our God and prostrate yourselves toward His footstool. Holy is He.
6. Moses and Aaron among His priests and Samuel among those who called out His name: they called upon the LORD, and it was He Who would answer them.
7. In a pillar of cloud He would speak to them; they obeyed His statutes and the law He gave them.
8. O LORD our God, it was You Who answered them; for them You were a forgiving God , though exacting retribution for their misdeeds.
9. Exalt the LORD our God, and prostrate yourselves toward His holy mountain, for holy is the LORD our God.
Translation: Rabbi Benjamin J. Segal. See also his commentary on the Psalms.
Photos: Aaron the Priest and the Blooming Staff by Ossi Yalon.
Based on Numbers 17:16 ff.
Several of her biblical sculptures were shown at the Mamilla mall 2011 exhibit "Bible Stories."
Yalon's Aladdin and the Three Wishes wishing well appears on my blog here, and see the artist's own comments in the Comments there, too!