Saturday, December 25, 2010

Not a bridge for donkeys

.
I would never have gotten a donkey to walk over this bridge.
They are so afraid of the open slits.
You can't blame them.

The bridge spans the cold water of the Areuse River.

When the snow up in the Swiss Jura Mountains thaws, it gathers into the river, and the river gets quite some speed as it flows down into Lake Neuchatel.
.
This is the inside of the bridge whose outside we saw last week for Louis la Vache's Sunday Bridges (after I ran out of Jerusalem bridges).
.
Next to it an elevated section of the new superhighway was then (2006) being built.
The concrete and the wood, side by side but so different.
.

8 comments:

  1. That seems to be a simple way of keeping the donkeys on the right side of the river!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful wooden bridge beside a modern day concrete bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent, Dina!
    Acrophobic «Louis» understands the donkeys' reluctance.

    As always, «Louis» appreciates your contributions to Sunday Bridges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never tire of the Bridge of Strings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great perspective!
    Thank you for the Christmas wishes, Dina.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not too fond of open slits, either.
    I do like the curves in this view, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know just how those donkeys feel. Take a look at the bridge over the creek and down from the road to our house. I walk over it VERY CAREFULLY.....almost everyday. My 5 year old granddaughter handles it better that I do! Here is the link:
    http://climbingthedigitalmountain.blogspot.com/2010/10/daily-photo-10-20-10.html
    Loved your entry this week. Genie

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mother always suspected that I had some genetic tracts of a donkey, now I know she was right...

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!