Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Rain and a rainbow!

.

We were treated to welcome and needed rain today and even a RAINBOW!


Libby (in her pre-Purim hat)  and I happily chased the rainbow a few blocks but it disappeared when we reached the edge of Meitar.

בָּרוּךְ אַתָּה ה' אֶלוֹהֵינוּ מֶלֶךְ הָעוֹלָם זוֹכֵר הַבְּרִית וְנֶאֱמָן בִּבְרִיתוֹ וְקַיָם בְּמַאֲמָרוֹ
Baruch ata Ado-nai Elo-heinu melech ha'olam zocher ha'brit v'ne'eman bivrito v'kayam b'ma'amaro.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the universe, who remembers the covenant and is faithful to His covenant and keeps His promise.

This is the blessing we say when seeing a rainbow.
It is a reminder in the sky of the covenant God made with Noah and all of us that he would never again destroy the world by flood.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful rainbow!

    Libby looks happy. And that's a good blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainbows are special. Tonight it rained much needed rain here in Australia as well. We also had a rainbow. Inside the almost complete arc of the rainbow it was a soft pink, with the darker grey clouds outside. It was so beautiful. I'm glad your enjoyed the rainbow together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blessing is a lovely practice. We should learn to do that more often for everything beautiful that we see or happens to us.

    And Libby is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. William, yes, Libby was so excited to see a rainbow. Me too.

    Sarah, good onya for getting rain. I saw more rainbows in one year in Australia than I did my whole life in Israel.

    Hilda, the Rabbis say we should say at least one hundred blessings every day.
    You give me an idea--maybe I should blog some of the more unusual blessings.
    You might have fun looking at the great variety of them here:
    http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Blessings/blessings.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, please do blog more on blessings. We all need to know more about that and teach our hearts to think in those terms all the time!

    I am happy that you are getting some rain, and that it has been accompanied by a beautiful rainbow. May it continue in the weeks ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could send her a few of our rainbows :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never caught a rainbow with my camera!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Sara. Thanks, Rune.

    VP, no kidding! Well, my camera just can't catch a rainbow in all its glory.
    Happy hunting to you.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!