Saturday, June 17, 2017

A very long autobiography

.
More from the Jerusalem International Book Fair which ran last week.
(See also the previous post.)



All these books are by Norwegian author Karl Ove KnausgÃ¥rd.

He was awarded the coveted Jerusalem Prize on opening night of the Book Fair. 
At the ceremony he said very welcome and surprising things about how he learned about Israel as a schoolboy. 

You can see a short TV report about him and about the fair. 
His autobiography spans I think six volumes and thousands of pages and in Norwegian is entitled Min Kamp
Fortunately neither the German nor English translations carried that title over as Mein Kampf. 
More about his My Struggle here
.

7 comments:

  1. So cool and that you write about him. Fine words he shared in his thanks to "Jerusalem". Proud of him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tania shalom! Well this is an honor, a comment from a real citizen of Norway who has actually read this author! Tak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to see if I can find his books here Dina

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first I have heard of him, Dina.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of him, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Knausgaard is new to me, too.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!