Saturday, September 1, 2018

Teach

.

Torah was given to teach us. 

And today's City Daily Photo Theme Day's focus is TEACH.


Pirkei Avot 4:15 in the Talmud says


Rabbi Elazar ben Shamua taught: "The dignity of your students should be as precious to you as your own. The dignity of your colleagues should be as precious to you as your reverence for your teacher. The reverence for your teacher should be as great as your reverence for God."
And the daily prayer Kaddish dRabbanan blesses our teachers:


 "May you be blessed and strengthened 
as you have blessed and strengthened your student.
May you have peace, grace, kindness, mercy, long life and
everything you need."
Good luck to the 2,310,000 pupils in Israel who start the new school year tomorrow, Sunday, Sept. 2.  
And blessings to their teachers!
.

10 comments:

  1. Teaching is such an important profession, but I imagine it is tiring as well. Kol hakavod to all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a young, charming student!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen a tiny Torah like that!

    "Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." Deuteronomy 11:19

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone sent me that tiny Torah scroll as a gift, and I gave it to my grandson when he was little. It is not handwritten, only printed in China, and therefore not kosher.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was in Israel in 1989 and found such small Torah in Jerusalem. It is now placed in my "memory cupboard" and reminds me of a journey that was very special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very important to teach. So much being lost now a days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! He is adorable! You have such gorgeous grandchildren, Dina.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!