Sunday, June 9, 2019

I Dieci Comandamenti

.


Happy Shavuot today! 
It's the Jewish festival celebrating the giving of the Torah on Mt. Sinai (and also the grain harvest). 
Just before my recent trip to Italy I bought this little Holy Land olive wood Tablets of the Covenant, in a Jerusalem church. 
The Ten Commandments -- in Italian!

Chag sameach, happy holiday! 

And to the Christian friends, happy Pentecost! 
Same day.
.
More posts about the Ten Commandments are here:
http://jerusalemhillsdailyphoto.blogspot.com/search/label/Ten%20Commandments

More about Shavuot:
http://jerusalemhillsdailyphoto.blogspot.com/search/label/Shavuot
.

10 comments:

  1. Oops! I wasn't able to see your video, Dina. It didn't come through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a very wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chag sameach to you! I hope it was a lovely day and you enjoyed some delicious dairy foods.

    Something has happened and your photo of the "Dieci Comandamenti" is not viewable at the moment. But how great to find them in Italian just as you were planning a visit to Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. Sorry about the invisible photo. I guess I've been away from daily blogging for so long that I forgot that Blogspot does not allow copying-and-pasting a photo into the post. I fixed it now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Timber is a beautiful material. Chagall Sameach!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a very nice day Dina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh... I see you've been gone a while too. Tiffany, Jon and families were here for my birthday this summer and we've been so busy. I'm almost finished recording it in a photobook just in time for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. By the way, I saw the Ten Commandments in pidgin English which is great.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!