Monday, August 31, 2015

St. Mary's Cathedral, Sydney

.

 Now during my visit to my family in Australia I finally got into the city, to my favorite place in Sydney -- St. Mary's Cathedral.


Solemn Sung Mass was beautiful with the men's and boys' choir and the organ and all the smells and bells of the Church.


After the service people may gather around and watch the organist play the organ voluntary.
I think yesterday it was Toccata in F by 17th century Dietrich Buxtehude.


There's just something about a Gothic (-style) cathedral!
It's something we lack in Jerusalem. 

More photos of St. Mary's in the coming days (after I have been without Internet for the last five days, oi).
For more about the cathedral (from my previous visits) you can type "St. Mary's" in the little search box on top. 

(Linking to inSPIREd Sunday and Our World Tuesday.)
.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Dina,
    Beautiful photos of the church.
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Australia :)

    I never thought I would enjoy church music but you are correct. The mass, as sung by the men's and boys' choir, is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could join you for one of the services! It's a beautiful church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is magnificent inside, Dina, and outside too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree!




    ( '>
    /))
    //"" SO HAPPY to BE BACK!
    ALOHA
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^=
    Trip was great, but being without internet made me miss you and all my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice church don't think I have seen that one before

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!