Saturday, May 15, 2010

Black shadows of black basalt, all in a row

.
The Spring 2010 Tiberias excavation ended yesterday.
I'm back home in the Hills of Jerusalem.

But my memories (and photos) from the dig are still sharp in my head.
.
Passing this curb on the way to and from the dig site everyday used to make me laugh.
.
Something about the surfeit of basalt antiquities in Tiberias . . . . The municipality sticks the pieces anywhere they can find room (e.g. impaled on iron fences).
Something about the stubby little shadows of mid-afternoon just waiting for Hey Harriet's Shadows on Sunday.
.
And it made me smile that as a photo blogger I now am on constant look-out for interesting skies, benches, bridges, and critters for the various memes.
Funny how blogging changes us.
.

13 comments:

  1. The ancient rocks line the modern road. The stones are rough hewn, a look of mature while the road and zig-sac brick work are an engineered work of man. The old and the new coexist very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a lovely combination of old and new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging makes us more observant. Always wanting something to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting. Hope to see and hear more about your dig.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THe perspective created by the lines and the basalt rock make a nice composition. Nice angle, Dina.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep looking, I just need some fresh benches from Eretz Yisrael!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shadows, I love the contrast between the old and the new. And you are so right, blogging does make us more observant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that path of stumpy little shadows! Yes blogging does open our eyes to many interesting things that we didn't notice before. It's fun!

    Hope you have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blogging is such a boost to my creative process too, I'm so lucky to have it.

    Love your stubby little fellows all in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stubby shadows all lined up on a curve are kind of cute beside the angular layout of the brick. Yes, blogging allows us to notice what most others walk right past.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!
    Very nice, I love rocks and these are awesome. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Sherrie's Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  12. I imagine you, Dina, just walking on and following the basalt line.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. The lined rocks are a stark comparison with the man made. I love the shadows and light, the textures and tones.

    Blogging does open our eyes to so much, not only in our life, but the lives of others.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!