Monday, June 9, 2014

Not what you think

.

I passed this door and wondered what or who was inside.
Maybe I didn't want to know.
All I knew was that the painting would be good for Monday Mural meme. 

Lest you get the wrong idea, that I wander around in the seedy spots of  the older Beer Sheva neighborhoods,  let me defend myself.
Our tour was quickly following our guide down the street to visit some synagogues.
Eighteen synagogues are concentrated on this one street, and within a few square kilometers there are 33 !

The Hebrew writing on the wall here is "Tirtsale," the diminutive form of the women's name Tirtsa.
I thought I would end the post here and let you react to the mystery place. 
But curiosity is killing me.

Oi, would you believe, there is a Facebook page for Tirtsale!
And photos there show the painted woman wearing a dark purple sweater!
It is a tiny shop for vintage clothes and stuff -- "special things for special women, collected with great love from all over the world."
.
(Linking also to Our World Tuesday  and  Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors.  And for ABC WednesdayV is for vintage and voluptuous.)
.

31 comments:

  1. Love the mural! And my wife loves some of the handbags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dina, your posts' are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very strange place for a mural like this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm is it really a tiny shop for vintage clothes? Tirtza looks as if she is up for a spot of more action than shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got done complementing a blogger for "one of the better murals for this week's edition of Monday Mural", you just outdid him here. This is great! Simple and stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a nice little shop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You never know what is behind a facade. I checked the wall on Facebook. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the style of this mural, although not what I'd expect in this part of the city. Glad you did some digging to find out more about this place for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We both found murals on shops and his week, Dina! I like yours very much

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's delightful. Sometimes the "funky" parts of town have the best spots for shopping and dining.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a fun and interesting tour. It didn't seem seedy to me. That mural is actually quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Friends, ha, I'm enjoying your reactions. :)

    Kay, at first I thought she looked topless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great piece of art work... love it!

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am not going to write down what my first thoughts were, when I first saw the picture! But like you, I would have tried out what the woman was doing. I like what her little house was used for. Thank you for revealing the secret!
    Wil, ABCW Team

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think she does look topless--not sure if I would have really peaked in there.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  16. seeing the woman posing with a hot drink, I had guessed that it was a coffee shop. tantalizing mural

    ReplyDelete
  17. My first thought was that it might be a tea shop.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My curiosity would have forced me to see what kind of shop it was. :) An Arkie's Musings

    ReplyDelete
  19. Clever and mysterious.
    I'm so glad you cleared it up. I have to admit the place wasn't what I thought it was...

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wonder how the truly interested buyers find the shop's tiny door for the first time..
    So many sнnagogues concentrated in one place remind me Moscow with churches at every corner.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very interesting photo and text!

    Murthy,ABCW Team

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it!
    I would just have to know what was in that shop based on the mural.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like the mural. It would have drawn me in as well. The mural would be well suited to a cafe

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really, really cool! And weirdest of all, I think I've heard of that place...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Shalom Dina! It sounds like a very interesting shop. Wow, so many synagogues in one place! Amazing. Just stopping by to leave comments on everyone who contributed to Toby's Whimsical Windows Delirious Doors post; I am finally back in the game.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What an interesting mural for a shop. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a unique find!:)
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!