Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Lots of arches

.

An evening view out the windows of a new building going up in Meitar.


Meitar was founded in 1984 here in the northern Negev as a yeshuv kehilati, what I like to translate as a planned community.
Over the years,  five neighborhoods have been built, one after another.
Now Number six is in progress.
See this aerial orthophoto from 2014 to grasp the layout.


I'm so curious what this will be.
A public building, I'm assuming.
The architecture looks almost like a mosque, but we have only a small percentage of Bedouin families living in Meitar, probably not enough to warrant a mosque. 


Maybe this sloping hole in the ground will become a big mikva, and the building is really a synagogue?
Time will tell.
.
Meanwhile, for ABC Wednesday, W is for wonderfully weird windows and walls.
.

13 comments:

  1. 'weird' .... nice choice for this weeks letter.... but I think that 'weird' like 'beauty' lies in the eye of the beholder


    Have a nice abcwednes-day / – week
    ♫ M e l d y ♫ (abc-w-team)
    (http://melodymusic.nl/abc-wednesday-18-w/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melody. I love arches. I think my "weird" was meant in the good sense. I'm going to add "wonderfully weird" to make it clearer AND to get another W word. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too like arches for their looks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. arches are interesting part of achitecture

    ReplyDelete
  5. The arched windows makes me think of a church, which doesn't make a lot of sense either given the location.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice windows, its a shape that seems to be popular with most religions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the arches and the evening view through them !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the windows, anxious to see what this new building will be Dina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope something good comes from it all

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  10. The arches look kind of like lancet arches, Gothic. Pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting.. This is a nice place I remember:-)
    I love the first photo

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!