Thursday, December 4, 2008

Tear gas, burning olive trees, etc.


One of the hardest things for the Peoplehood thing we all talked about yesterday is when young Jewish police-men and -women have to drag young Jewish students out of a house, the ownership of which is legally contested, as happened a few hours ago in Hebron. It is so hard on all of us to see and hear such scenes. And so traumatic for both the draggers and the dragged.
.
And now some of the youth are going on to terrorize the Palestinian residents of Hebron and make trouble in the West Bank and who knows what else.
Your television will soon be showing the evacuation of the "House of Contention" and whatever else happens soon. If you want to see the Israeli media coverage of it you can go to the Jerusalem Post or Ha'aretz. If you don't want to see it at all, I don't blame you.
.
Thanks again to all you readers of this blog who enrich me with the ideas and feelings you share in your comments. Long live dialogue.

4 comments:

  1. I am always sorry to hear about such things. There are so many difficult situations in the world. What would the world be like if we all followed what God said in Zechariah 8:17 "Let none of you think evil in your heart against your neighbor; And do not love a false oath. For all these are things that I hate,’ Says the LORD.”

    An Arkie's Musings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry, Dina. I am just so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dina, I remember watching, in 2005, the forced withdrawal of settlers from Gaza. The settlers were up on the rooftops,pouring dirt on the soldiers, spraying them with water and other stuff. The soldiers were fighting them and trying to forcibly remove them from the buildings. But then -- incredibly, the soldiers were bringing out the young settlers, and soldiers and settlers were clinging to each other and sobbing in each other's arms. You could see the absolute grief on the faces of the soldiers (also so young), at having to do this job, and the emotional exhaustion of the effort. My heart broke at what I was watching, and hearing -- a comment from one of the settlers, "Jews don't fight Jews."

    I am SO sorry, and I am praying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also so sorry, Dina. It's grieving.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!