Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Vacation turned deadly

What a tragedy, but this time not terrorism. A group of travel agents and families from St. Petersburg had just landed in a small airport north of Eilat and were on a tourist bus en route to Eilat, Israel's southernmost city on the Red Sea. On a curve in the mountainous area the bus went over, falling over 60 meters into a ravine.
Some 30 Russians are wounded and 26 dead. God help them.
We just watched live coverage of the rescue on the Internet.
The small and secluded city of Eilat has a small hospital. They stabilized the wounded but can't keep all of them.
Soon the helicopters will be flying over my house with some of the wounded and landing at Hadassah hospital just across the valley.

7 comments:

  1. How awful!!! Thanks for sharing this news so all your readers can keep them and their families in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that on the evening news..so terrible...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad indeed!
    Hope those rescued recover fast. My thoughts are with the bereaved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard about this as well. I can only imagine the feeling of helplessness as a passenger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Dina, this is awful. I feel so sad for those people. I hope the survivors will be alright. I haven't heard about this in the news over here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so sad - life is not always joyful, and it is this sort of thing that should makes think about enjoying our time while we are here...

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!