Saturday, November 22, 2008

Horses at the Old City wall

.
A horse standing alone in a trailer next to the Citadel of Jerusalem?!

Na . . . not a real live horse. But a bit of a mystery.
I was with a fast-paced guided tour group and could not go over to investigate.
Four hours later it was gone.

Maybe he came to visit his brother, the statue just outside the Tower of David Museum of Jerusalem History.

Here Richard the Lionhearted faces Saladin!
.
More about Crusaders in the Holy Land in yesterday's post.
.
To see bloggers' live animal photos you can visit Camera-Critters meme.

12 comments:

  1. Looks like a great place to stroll! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some mystery here. It must have gone for an overhaul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice shots

    My CC entry this week : in HERE. Hope you have time to visit . Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the tour, thanks for takeing us. You have been tagged.
    Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I may have ben tempted to steal the horse, I always wanted a horse sculpture ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Dina ! Nice shot...

    I love horses...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheap to feed these animals, but they won't do much for the roses.
    Horses make wonderful statues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magnificent statues!
    I had to smile at 'maybe he came to visit his brothers' :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed your post today... I have always enjoyed reading about the horses, etc... very interesting story.
    very nice.

    ~Michele~
    Mountain Retreat- Canada

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a mystery. Will you ever find out what happened to the horse?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the photos and with a touch of history thrown in for good measure. Sophie's chin has been duly rubbed and the purr indicated enjoyment!!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!